JenniCrusher's Supergeek Hideout

Geek playground only! No Nerds allowed!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mantua, New Jersey, United States

I was 12 going on 13, no, wait, that won't do... Moneypenny. Miss Moneypenny. Eh, that doesn't work either. Um. How 'bout you just read my blog? That is, if you're feeling lucky. Well, do ya punk!?!

21.9.04

Blurt

I'm just gonna blurt out a few things that are on my mind.

I hate pimples.
I love chocolate.
Stop signs mean stop, f*cker.
You hypocrite.
I'm going to miss Wil's Soapbox.
Hope those jerks don't migrate to tehsoapbox after Wil's closes forever.
I don't like my job anymore.
My friends blogs are better than mine.
I'm going to have some hot chocolate soon.
My puppies are so cute.
I want a boyfriend.
But not you, mama's boy.
And certainly not you, sexist creep.
Yea! (re: going to Ireland with my best friends)
My boss is a dork, a Lisa Simpson dork.
I'm bored.
My Waldorf and Statler busts rock \m/
I really like using the \m/ to represent "throwing the goat".
Soccer *is* better than football.
Kerry *is* better than Bush.
It's "you" *not* "youse" or "you's"
Eh, I'm done with this blurt.
Oh, yeah, I nearly forgot: serial commas are a stupid thing to worry about.

This post was edited September 22, 2004 8:35am by JCSG to add the bit about serial commas.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

OK, serial comma: (watch for placement of commas) For dinner tonite, I will have chicken, rice, and snow peas. Notice the 3 commas seperating the 3 items: chick, rice, and snow peas. I hate serial commas. I didn't used to. I just didn't use them before because I think this works just as well: For dinner tonite, I will have chicken, rice and snow peas. Note I did not use a comma after "rice." I listd a series of things and at the end, I didn't use a comma. Just because. At work, my boss obsesses over serial commas. So, that is why I hate them now. And I deliberately try to not use them when I do my own writing.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Chris The Grey said...

Omg I use commas like a hooker uses smack!!! In fact if commas were heroine, lets just say there would not be any poppies left in the world…I have always wanted to curb my comma use, maybe you can help me Jen, when you critique my H.Potter story bust out the red pen!

My name, is Chris, and, I, have a, comma problem.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home