JenniCrusher's Supergeek Hideout

Geek playground only! No Nerds allowed!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mantua, New Jersey, United States

I was 12 going on 13, no, wait, that won't do... Moneypenny. Miss Moneypenny. Eh, that doesn't work either. Um. How 'bout you just read my blog? That is, if you're feeling lucky. Well, do ya punk!?!

21.9.04

The Soundtrack of My Life

So I have this idea that I may or may not follow through with. Compile a list of songs to put on a CD, all the songs having something to do with the names of my family members and friends. The name of a family member, or friend, has to be in the title, lyrics or name of the performer(s) of the song. For example, my paternal grandfather's name is Rudy. So, for him the song would be The Clash's Rudie Can't Fail. And my song, of course, would be the 8675309 song. But, I think I'll need some help figuring out songs for all the family members and friends who I want to include. So, take a look at the list below, and if you have suggestions, please, go ahead. Ok, here we go:

Rudy, Claire, Claire (yeah, there are 2 of them), Paul, Greg, Suzanne, Marianne, Kirsten, Jimmy (not James, birth certif. actually says Jimmy), David, Jessie, Zane, Zoe, Lauren, Kim, Jack, Juvina/Jay, Don, Patty, Wayne, Jonathan, Andrew, Donna, Jaque (how my aunt spells Jackie), Mark, Adam, Samantha, Brian, Shelly, John, Donna (another one), Cory, Shana, Chris, Robin, Kathy, Cheryl, Sean, Leo, Colleen, Scott, Erich ... and I think that's it. So, I'll need 42 songs. Oh. Jennifer/Jenni/Jen. Um, 43 songs.

Ok, I'm sure I'll go with Rudie Can't Fail; Weezer has a song called Suzanne; I may use a Jimmy Eat World song; there is an instrumental, I think by the Allman Brothers called Jessica; I suppose I could use Jack & Diane (I definitely would want to use John Mellencamp); maybe something from Jay & the Americans; Ritchie Valens' song Donna; 867-5309 (Jenny [spelled wrong]) for me; and ...

Jazz, blues, country (but not too twangy, please), rock-a-billy, classic rock, punk, whatever. Just don't mention jlo, jessica simpson, britney spears, creed or the backstreet boys 'cause no way. This is supposed to be a CD of songs I would want to listen to.

1 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

That is precisely the criteria! And thank goodness you reminded me of that factoid. I was really afraid I'd get stuck with something lame from one of "The Corey's" [you know, Haim & Feldman, yeah, thats right, they do music, too *rolly eyes*]. I'll edit this entry (at home, not work) when I have new songs to add to my list. Thanks.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home